Wednesday, January 20, 2010

So i spent the weekend in New York City with a few friends. It was a great trip and definitely needed before spring semester started! Now i'm back at school but I love remembering the trip.



I fell in love with this picture because of the intense green background. Ruby made it look even better. She's wearing an Alice and Olivia coat with a colorful jumper from www.asos.com, aldo black booties and a vintage earthtone satchel purse. I love the outfit and the pose!

I first saw these argyle patterned knee high socks on www.sockdreams.com two days before I left on my trip to new york! I knew I had to have them then and there so I desperately bought them and had them shipped two day to the Gansevoort Hotel in New York, where we were staying. So they were there when I arrived and I got to wear them on my trip :o)



In this outfit I'm wearing a tight cotton american apparel tank dress with a black James Perse V-neck long sleeve shirt over it. I threw on my navy blue urban outfitters shift on top of that and completed the outfit with my argyle socks and Sam Edleman Booties.



I guess the theme of the trip was definitely thigh highs. This night I wore my Nightcap clothing thigh highs with my new Jeffrey Campbell thigh high wedge boots (I bought them in new york and am officially in love with them). I wore a short black long puff sleeve dress and my Marc Jacobs short sleeve sweater dress.



After dinner at Abe & Arthurs we went for drinks at the Standard, which is a really great place in New York! I definitely recommend it. In fact I have to recommend that you take pictures in their lobby bathroom it has a psychedelic wall pattern that makes you feel like you are spinning off into space... Anyway I had some fun with it.



and so did my friends...



and then we did some other things.... the best pictures come from the oddest places... In this picture stef is wearing a tight american apparel dress with a v-neck long sleeve black sweater on top of it. She's also wearing her Giuseppe Zanotti booties and black burberry scarf.



Our last day in New York was spent in Central Park, I couldn't think of a better way to part with the city. We took some great pictures...






I love the yellow of my scarf against the green and brown background. I got the scarf a while back in Urban Outfitters. Im also wearing my current elliott jeans, jeffery campbell thigh high boots, and my see by chloe leather jacket which is my favorite purchase from last winter.



This last picture was taken at the city garden that runs on top of the standard hotel. It was originally a railway that was made into a city garden. Its beautiful and if you walk through it you can actually look up at the rooms of the Standard and see the people in their rooms. Careful you might see too much, some people are careless about the blinds... In the picture above im also wearing my new beret hat that I got at Bergdorf's. It's studded with rhinestones and it's from their cashmere collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment